Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas dinner plan

I enjoy hosting adn cooking special dinners. Typically I have too much that I want to cook, too much to try to do, and I can't do all that I would like to do.

This year may be different.

With us on a full gluten-free dairy-free diet it is going to be more challenging.

So with that in mind here is what I am planning so far (the recipes, where available are linked):

Brined Turkey - I have never been a fan of ham so turkey is a given

Dressing - my in-laws are going to make this. My father-in-law is intrigued with the idea of making it gluten-free and dairy-free.

gravy - it's a must have this one is gluten-free but not dairy free. Maybe use unsweetened rice milk.

sweet potato casserole - I am working on making it gfdf

cranberry sauce - yum, one of my favorites

bread or rolls - I have no ideas on this one, I need to get busy baking to see what I can find. Any suggestions?

mashed potatoes - made with ghee and some kind of milk. I don't know what kind, possibly goats milk (we are doing dairy free for the casein and goats milk is very low in casein.)

Creamed Spinach - I am still working on a recipe

Fruit ambrosia - again working on the recipe

And then the reason my children will eat any turkey, stuffing or anything with nutritional value - desserts.

Part of me would like to try a pie, but honestly, I can't even do a pie crust with gluten. I am afraid to think about a gluten-free one.

What are your plans for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment